Professional Liability insurance (also known as Errors and Omissions or E&O insurance) protects you or your business if a client alleges that you failed to deliver professional advice or service as was promised.
Even if their accusations are untrue, it can end up costing you thousands of dollars in legal fees. Professional Liability insurance policies cover settlements, judgments and defense costs. Our policies also protect you against reputational and financial damage arising from these types of claims.
Reasons You Need Professional Liability Insurance
- Protect your Business: If your business provides a service you’re at risk of a client suing you; costing you resources, money and time.
- Build your Credibility: Having protection assures your clients that if you make a mistake someone will take responsibility and shoulder the cost of the error.
- Remain Competitive: It is becoming more common for contracts to require businesses or individual to carry Professional Liability coverage. If you opt to go without it, you may be losing out on valuable opportunities.
What is covered?
Professional Liability insurance protects service-based professionals against common claims such as:
- Professional Negligence – Mistakes made while acting as a professional
- Misrepresentation – Providing information a client believes to be misleading or untrue
- Libel and Slander – Damaging the reputation of a client
- Loss of Documents – Losing important documents